The number of large casinos is incredible, but few have managed to leave a permanent mark on European history. The biggest ones, in addition to huge entertainment centers, were part of the scene of several historical moments, so they started to be visited not only as places for betting, but also as true museums.
These days, online casinos are gaining ground, while cement and mortar companies try to stay at the top of the gamblers’ preference. However, some places are so attractive that not even the online gaming craze can slow down the growth of these companies.
Top 5 European Casinos
- Casinò di Campione : located in Italy, the casino served as a base for spying on diplomats during the First World War and became a popular place. Located on the shore of Lake Lugano, the area is approximately 590,000 square feet. Despite having closed abruptly in 2018, the biggest casino in all of Europe is expected to reopen in a few months to boost the local economy.
- Monte Carlo Casino: When we think about European traditional casinos, Monte Carlo always appears as one of the first options. Designed by Charles Garnier, the famous architect of the Paris opera, the bookmaker has a spectacular architectural structure, as well as paintings and adornments that draw more attention than the gaming rooms themselves.
- Estoril : Considered one of the biggest in Europe, Estoril is over 100 years old and is full of stories and great games rooms. The imposing decoration and the services offered are special attractions that make this an important tourist spot in Portugal. Thousands of people visiting the country want to know the place and enjoy the good food in the restaurants and bars around Casino Estoril .
- The Empire Casino : opened in 1884 and is located in the heart of London. The casino is part of the Caesars Entertainment franchise and boasts approximately 550,000 square feet of pure fun. The two floors are filled with the most different table games, in addition to the famous slots. Furthermore, there is a special space for the poker tournaments that take place daily in this house.
- Casino Barrière : looking for fun in France? How about visiting this luxurious Casino which is just minutes from the Champs-Élysées? In addition to slots and video poker, table games like baccarat and blackjack make up the collection of this place, so appreciated by the French and tourists. The building has restaurants and bars, as well as a perfect view of Lake Enghien.
If you are considering trying your luck at one of the above locations, we can assure you that they are highly recommended and will surely exceed your expectations. Although Campione is temporarily closed, there is great anticipation for the imminent opening and operation of this spectacular structure.
When traveling through one of the countries with the aforementioned casinos, it would be remiss to miss any of these attractions. It is not necessary to be a millionaire to enjoy great European developments, or even just the bars and restaurants in these places.
Games are part of the European heritage, therefore casinos are also part of the local culture. So, in addition to these huge betting complexes, be sure to visit other options.